We have fully equipped Operation Theater and CSSD (Central Sterile Supply Department). We have the following types of sterilization:
- Autoclave: Steam sterilization.
- ETO (Ethylene Trade Oxide): All type of plastic and tubing are being sterilized with ETO as per the standard.
- Operating rooms: We have 2 operating theaters. Each theater is equipped to conduct most advanced and complicated surgery.
- In OT we have well trained Bsc/GNM nurses to assist in the latest endoscopic/ laparoscopic surgery.
- OT environment is being periodically monitored by sending the surveillance swabs. These measures provide a sterile environment and have resulted in minimal infection rate. So we use single dose antibiotics in most elective cases.
- • Strict aseptic precautions and the sterile atmosphere are monitored with continuous airflow filtered by HEPA (High Efficiency Particulate Air) filters and the same has been monitored in all theaters.
We perform approximately 1200- 1300 surgeries per year.
Patient safety: We mainly focus on patient safety and these are some of the steps
- The patient is identified with a wrist identification tag and patient file in transfer bay
- Time out (Patient name, Hosp. No and surgery side, antibiotics given) is being done by the Anesthetist in the presence of Surgeon and scrub nurse before starting surgery
- OT temperature and humidity are monitored
- We have Warm touch machine a to keep the patient warm, especially pediatric cases
- We apply TED (Thrombo Embolic Devices) and SCD (Sequential Compression Device) during the prolonged surgery to avoid DVT(Deep Vein Thrombosis)
- LASER for endoscopic treatment of Stone
- C-arm machine for assisting in endoscopic surgeries
- We use a state of Art GE anesthesia workstations along with GE monitor is being used in all theaters
- STAAN Modular operation table is available
- We have the Audio Visual system to record Endoscopic/ laparoscopic/ Open surgery cases as needed
- Laparoscopy Surgery, Urology Laser Surgery, Joint Replacement Surgery are the common procedure conducted.
- Craniotomy, Surgeries for Polytrauma, Microvascular surgeries are other common complex surgeries conducted.